- Pricing AI War and Tidalis: Chris Park of Arcen Games speaks
- At the Gates Q&A, with Jon Shafer
- Age of Wonders III Q&A, with Lennart Sas
- Guns of Icarus Online: Adventure Mode Q&A, with Jess Haskins
- Europa Universalis IV, with Thomas Johansson
- Race to Mars, with Szymon Janus
- The Occult Chronicles, with Vic Davis
- Dominions 4, with Johan Karlsson and Kristoffer Osterman
- Hearts of Iron IV, with Dan Lind.
- Offworld Trading Company, with Soren Johnson.
- Guns of Icarus Online follow-up, with Howard Tsao.
- Oriental Empires, with Bob Smith.
- Crisis of the Confederation, with Gregory Hayes.
- Kim, with Jeremy Hogan.
- Sherlock Holmes: The Devil’s Daughter, with Wael Amr.
Storytelling in Games
- Storytelling in Games: An Introduction
- Storytelling in Games: “What’s it all about?” Or, the Importance of Gameplay Mechanics
- Storytelling in Dominions 3 (guest post at Flash of Steel)
- Storytelling in Star Control II: Playing space detective
- An extraordinary life: storytelling in Fallout 3
- The price of heroism: storytelling in X-Com
- A history of heroes: storytelling in Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria
- Love, hate, and stories: the visual novels of Christine Love
Issues in Games
- Conquest, Plunder and Tyranny: Explaining Dubious Morality in Strategy Games
- Designing victory conditions: lessons from Company of Heroes, Rise of Nations and Sins of a Solar Empire: Diplomacy
- Pricing niche strategy games: Matrix, Shrapnel and Paradox
- Total War? Only for the undiplomatic: the lessons of Shogun 2
- Tactics X-COM: Jagged Ogre Chronicles, or a guide to squad-level strategy/tactics/RPGs
- What five games say about violence
- Rome II, the Total War series, and what makes a good 4X game
- A game that could have been: Emperor of the Fading Suns
- Persona 3: Portable — the retrospective verdict
- Armageddon Empires: lessons from a five-year-old indie game
Games of the Year
- 2010 — Recettear: An Item Shop’s Tale, developed by EasyGameStation and localised by Carpe Fulgur
- 2011 — Total War: Shogun 2, developed by Creative Assembly and published by Sega. (Runner-up: Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together, developed and published by Square Enix.)
- 2012 — Analogue: A Hate Story, by Christine Love; Wargame: European Escalation, developed by Eugen Systems and published by Focus Home; and XCOM: Enemy Unknown, developed by Firaxis and published by 2K Games.
- 2013 — Wargame: AirLand Battle, developed by Eugen Systems.
- 2014 — New game: Crusader Kings II (with expansions), by Paradox Development Studios. Old game: XCOM: Enemy Within, by Firaxis.
- 2015 — Total War: Attila and Nobunaga’s Ambition: Sphere of Influence.