A mix of interviews and retrospectives this week:
- A great interview with Sony’s Shuhei Yoshida about The Last Guardian and Final Fantasy 7. Here is a separate profile of Yoshida and Sony, from this February.
- And speaking of Sony announcements, here is an interesting retrospective on Shenmue, and the way in which it brought its world to life.
- An interview with Koji Igarashi, of Castlevania fame.
- Tim Schafer takes a look back at his career.
- A 2014 blog post from Jeff Vogel argues that “The Indie Bubble is Popping“, as too many games chase a finite amount of attention. Still an interesting read.
- Finally, this review highlights Her Story, a unique game in which a player pieces together the story by watching FMV clips of a single character’s interview with the police.